Sunday, September 24, 2017

So That Was Hot


That about sums up the day. We spent most of the day down in Wisconsin Dells at the speedway watching our nephew Colin in a championship race. Good thing there was no butter nearby or we would have been popping like popcorn!

Was really, really warm. Well, I guess since it got up to 90 degrees, it was hot.

And here's my hot date!

Don't you dare tell him I took a picture of him! He won't take me to the races again this year.

Oh wait, they are pretty much done now. Colin was racing in the Tundra Series, which was 6 races at different tracks this summer. The wrap-up championship races were today. Colin was not quite in contention points-wise to win the overall championship but he did have enough points that he almost – this close – got the rookie of the year. Shoot.

He did well today, though. Fought his way up to 5th and just got passed with a few laps to go. Finishing 6th was not a bad way to conclude the season. He said he was hot and his car was not liking the heat either. I can only imagine! Uff da.

Got home and I had some work to do. That helped me finally quit sweating. Now it's 10 o'clock and I really need to shower before going to bed.

Or my hot date is over.

No comments: