Thursday, September 28, 2017

We're Gonna Postseason

Baseball is reassuring. It makes me feel as if the world is not going to blow up.
                                      ~Sharon Olds, This Sporting Life, 1987

For a majority of baseball fans, it's probably easy to jump right into the NFL football season come autumn. But for a select few, we get to hang onto our summer fan gear all the way into the golden month of October.

Not that I lost faith, but I cannot believe my team pulled off the impossible – well, improbable – and made the playoffs!

As of last night, the Minnesota Twins, yes the same team that lost 103 games in 2016, have secured a spot in the 2017 postseason. It's both exciting AND historical. A season after winning just 59 games, the Twins became the first team to lose at least 100 and then make the postseason the following year. Who's awesome now?

I need to hang onto this feeling of accomplishment for my boys while it lasts. Come Tuesday, we will likely play the stinkin' Yankees, who have booted us out of the playoffs more times than I want to count. And we only get one chance. Two Wildcard teams. One game. Winner moves on.

So for now, while you Packer fans are waiting for a lightning delay to conclude, I'll just sit back and relax and wait for my playoffs to start.

Go Twins! We're gonna win, Twins. We're gonna postseason.



No comments: