Thursday, September 7, 2017

No White, Just Orange, After Labor Day

I tried to hold off as long as possible, but I had a complete PSL breakdown today.

For you non-yoga pant wearing white girls, that's Pumpkin Spice Latte ... or just anything Pumpkin Spice.

Had Oikos Pumpkin Pie Yogurt for breakfast. Munched on Pumpkin Spice Cheerios for a snack. And tonight, since the Cold Stone Creamery in Stevens Point was closed for business, I visited the Starbucks next door and had a real PSL.

Yum.

Sorry, haters.

But yum.

Every year at this time, amidst this sea of festively flavored cookies, cakes, muffins, pretzels, popcorn, chips, creamers, yogurts, and many more, we struggle with confusion over what to try and misplaced annoyance over the fact that it's too early for sweater weather food. (In my opinion, no white after Labor Day is fine, as long as it's replaced with orange.)

So let me help. The PSL was good, of course. The Oikos Pumpkin Pie  Greek Yogurt was tastier than Chobani, in my opinion. If you mix in some Cinnamon Toast Crunch, it's just like pie! The Pumpkin Spice Cheerios are good by themselves (dry or with milk) or mixed with yogurt of just about anything. I did try the new Pumpkin Pie white chocolate M&Ms and I think they were good. The bag disappeared so quickly, I will have to say yes.

Three days after Labor Day and that's as far as I got. I feel the need to try as many variations as possible in case they go away come winter and never come back. Seriously, after many autumns in which pumpkin spice reigned supreme, maple could be poised to be the next favorite fall flavor. That's what was in the news today.

Just in case you missed it with all the serious news about fires, floods, storms, DACA and, oh, the official start of the NFL season!

Are you ready for some PSL?

No comments: