Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Shooting the Messenger


Not that I'm against modern technology. And I wouldn't say it's against me. We're just not on the same level – at the same time, that is.

After successfully hooking up cable to my TV last night, I felt like rock star. I can do anything!

And I can.

But can my smart phone?

This afternoon at work, my phone suddenly pinged to notify me I had voicemail. That's weird, I thought. I didn't even hear it ring. Well here it was a voicemail from LAST Friday. Yes, just getting delivered today.

And it was an important message – for me anyway. Thankfully no one else on the other end needed me to get a message. I mean hubby could have had a flat tire or been stranded somewhere. Or College Boy could have needed money. Oh wait, that message always comes through!

I was upset about responding 4 days after the fact and hoped it wasn't too late to deal with what I needed to deal with. I don't want to say point blank that "Verizon stinks" because I suppose dropped calls, texts and messages could happen with any carrier.

But would it happen with a carrier pigeon? As far as I know, they only drop their poop.

Could be worth investigating if our cat agrees not to eat our "service plan."

No comments: