Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sun Day of Rest

I am pretty sure the word "Sylvester" means "sun worshipper" in cat speak. While it was too hot to have the house "open" yesterday, today's high of 70 degrees meant the windows and screen door could once again let in the breeze and only slightly filtered sun.

Kitty was in heaven sitting in the front door frame while I slaved away in the kitchen baking cookies to ship to College Boy. She was a very good supervisor. Kept me on task.

Besides being able to turn on the oven, I was also grateful it wasn't too hot out today because then church might have been unbearable. Instead, I survived both reading scripture and singing with the choir this morning. It went well. May have to figure out how to move my legs a bit so I don't lock up my knees, but I seemed fairly distant from the thought the of fainting or anything. Whew.

After church, I baked the Monster Cookies and watch the Vikings get their butts handed to them. Then had a few little projects and I was good for the day. See, not every day is filled to the brim with madness!

Unless you count needing a small box to ship the cookies so meeting a friend in town at King Cone to get the box and pay her with cookies, too, as madness. Then delivering some cookies to Tony later and taking him to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings. If you count that as lots of running around, you are right.

But worth it. And not just because of the food!

Now, while everyone else is watching some football game, I can lay in bed and read my Book Club book and get some sleep.

Not a complete day of rest, but we're working on it!


No comments: