Monday, October 30, 2017

Bread Crumbs and Brain Power


Started a new chapter in my career today, reporting for duty at 8 a.m. at Sentry Insurance in Stevens Point.

It's a 28-minute commute but I'll time for 30 minutes. OK, 40 minutes.

Today was filled with lots of info (my brain is full), lunch with my boss (my tummy is full), lots of introductions (my brain is full), and a tour all over the place in the crazy 8-story layout. My brain is really full! Hard to tell from the file photo above, but there are 4 levels above ground and 4 below – including covered parking for the worker bees. Will love that this winter!

The company employs 4,000 or so with the bulk in central Wisconsin. I do know about 10 people who work there and will see 4 on a regular basis since they work in the Marketing Department, too. So that eased the transition considerably.

And to clarify, I will not be writing insurance policies. I'll be writing marketing and communications masterpieces. And my job title is Ninja, not just "communications writer," but that's all I am allowed to say about that.

The rest of the week will be lots of learning the ropes.

Probably will pack bread crumbs for tomorrow. Not for lunch, but to leave a trail from my car to my desk!


No comments: