Thursday, October 19, 2017

Expectations :: Let's Be Real


I need to keep my productivity expectations in check. Sure there's lots I want to accomplish in the next week or so. But there also is the need for some down time. It's called balance.

And coffee is required either way.

Making coffee wasn't even my first chore today. Nope. It was cleaning up a present from Princess Pukes-A-Lot.

When you start the day stepping in cat puke, it's a good thing the first thing on my To Do list was an hour massage. Thankfully, it was Sylvester's first accident with her human out of town. Hubby is taking the red-eye flight home from Vegas at midnight tonight. Hopefully, the princess can keep it together 'til morning.

I have been treating her with some lavender essential oil because that worked last time in eliminating the plethora of poop piles around the house. I do think the only reason she up-chucked today was because she shoveled in her breakfast too fast.

No matter the reason. It's not fun to step in when you are barefoot. Say it with me, "Ewww!"

So yes, the deep-tissue massage was much deserved and much needed based on all the knots she found. She was breaking up muscle knots in places I didn't know I had muscles OR knots. I hope I drank enough water today so I feel good tomorrow versus wondering if I got hit by a truck.

And while I would have liked to nap after that, I was motivated to get some things done. I did some laundry, windows, dusted, vacuumed, etc, and managed to walk around the lake with my friend Cindy and even baked some banana bread – fresh out of the oven for Carter, who got home tonight for the wedding weekend. He is an usher in our nephew Colin's wedding.

I also managed to get into town for the volleyball playoff game. The Lady Royals were victorious in round 2 of sectionals. They travel to Wausau Saturday in hopes of more victories and a trip to state.

I also managed to escape a kidnapping today. Yup, the temps were up and Mr. Deck Chair kidnapped me out of the blue. I wrestled free after about 40 minutes. Whew. I'm safe but I'm just not sure I'll be in any condition tomorrow to do anything.

Just keeping it real.

No comments: