Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Playing Fair


I think I am going to quit my job and retire because looky here.... I got my big payout check from the Central Wisconsin State Fair!

Twelve Dollars and Fifty Cents.

It's a major award!

Honestly, since I am a fair newbie and it's been so long since the event (only a month, I guess), I didn't think they even paid ribbon winners. But they do. Wow. And since this doesn't quite cover my entry fee, I'd need to go back next year and be sure I earn more blue ribbons!

That's how they hook you, isn't it?

Actually, it IS pretty cool. I imagine it's a thrill for those 4-H kids who get a check in the mail with their name on it. Heck, it's cool for me. This might pay for a meal at my upcoming sister weekend. Or at least the gas to get there.

That's worth the price of admission.


No comments: