Saturday, October 7, 2017

Homecoming and Going

You know it's truly a homecoming when all three occupants of the house spend time at their respective alma maters. Throw in 2 or 3 weather patterns and you've got quite a day.

Started off the day shooting cross country in the rain. It was a home meet for Lincoln High School in Rapids, which meant it was nearby at the Ridges golf course. Probably can't see the raindrops in this picture but they were coming down and up and sideways.

Crazy to run in, I am sure, and crazy to balance my big umbrella in the wind and my camera. Felt like Mary Poppins Photography!

Was able to stay just long enough for varsity boys and girls, then raced home (in car not on foot) to change into dry clothes and head up north for a funeral visitation. Apparently it stopped raining in time for the homecoming football game at 1 p.m. because look who was willing to play in Pep Band before the game!

That's the mark of true homecoming spirit! (And look how he smiles when Dad takes the picture!)

Hubby was happy he could take dry stats on the sidelines and that his alma mater won the game 21-0! #RoyalPride

While that fun was going on, I met my friend Julie in Osseo. She was coming up I-94 and I was coming across Hwy 10. So she parked there and I drove us up to Luck. For the record, it has been confirmed that I can talk for 2 straight hours without taking a breath! I let Julie talk on the way back, I swear!
 
Stopped at the homestead first so I could say hi to Mom. My brother Ron and sister Rayna also were there. Had a short and sweet visit before heading into town for the visitation for the father of our friend (and classmate) Gail. First person we saw was Amy, another classmate who we haven't seen since shortly after high school. Sad that this is how we see each other now. So glad we made the trip. Sometimes it's best to give really good hugs of sympathy in person.

Knowing we had hours and hours of driving ahead of us, we hit the road by 5:30 so weren't completely in the dark on the way home. First, a stop for a selfie at OUR alma mater! Of course! Strange that the new (to us) sign is located probably 20 feet from where Julie and I first met on the bus on the field trip to the Shrine Circus. Life and friendships come full circle sometimes.

Got home at 9:30 and need to get rest before singing in church tomorrow morning.

What a nice homecoming for each of us.

No comments: