Monday, October 23, 2017

The Girl Who Baked the Hornet's Nest


No, I didn't actually read the REAL book, but when I hear "Hornet's Nest" in the title, I always think of my cake! I think some other people may as well.

Since I have a few days off this week, I made a point to get over to Iola to see my old workplace and former, former co-workers. Naturally I couldn't go empty-handed.


Magic Blue Pan Missions... bringing smiles one piece of Hornet's Nest Cake at a time!

It was fun to surprise the gang. Pretty much made my rounds through the building and got to chat with more than a dozen old friends. Well worth the trip. And I even came home with a few pieces of cake so hubby knows I love him, too!

Other than that, it was a quiet day. Got a freelance project done this afternoon just in time to go to kickboxing. Talk about old stomping grounds. Haven't been back there in ages, either. Now that my back seems to be "back in order" I going to ease back into it. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. I kept it very low key, though.

Tonight, hubby had to bowl for someone so I just plunked down on the recliner and watched The Voice. Tomorrow is a work day. Around home anyway.

I won't be kicking a hornet's nest, but I better kick it in gear and get some cleaning, de-cluttering, organizing done.


No comments: