Monday, October 9, 2017

On the Road Again... and Again

Another day on the road... again. Only like 200 and some miles today and less than 4 hours in the car. Easy peasy.

Picked up my nephew at 10:30 for appointments down at one of the UW Health facilities down in Madison. Thought maybe he'd be getting something done to his knees, but in the end, it was more a pre-pre-op visit.

While he was getting poked and prodded I found a great walking trail that encircled the medical complex. Did that twice and then headed for the waiting room in case he was close to done. Grabbed a pumpkin spice latte at the coffee shop and sat down on one of the recliners in the lobby to sip and read my Kindle.

Best. Waiting room. Ever.

After the appointment, we stopped for some lunch before heading home. Not sure yet when he has to go back down there, but then it will be Uncle Jim's turn to drive if needed. Got home just before my "normal" workday would have ended at 4:30.

Had an appointment in town and then stopped at the Assumption volleyball match since it was senior night and breast cancer awareness night. Got home before halftime of the Monday Night Football game where it appears we have a baseball score.

I am so tired from being on the road again and again. Don't judge me if I all asleep during this high-scoring shootout.

Tomorrow I think I will just put 10 miles on my car.

No comments: