Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Hey, There's Chocolate in My Peanut Butter

If you are old enough to remember, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups were invented in the '70s when two distracted music lovers – one carrying chocolate, one carrying peanut butter (because that's a normal occurrence?) – collided.

"Hey, there's chocolate in my peanut butter!"

Followed by, "Hey, there's peanut butter in my chocolate!"

And so they combined them and lived happily ever after, groovin' to the same beat.

Yup. I can't make that up. But it was the inspiration for the birthday treat I am taking to work tomorrow. Mmmm, chocolate. Mmmm, peanut butter.


So my Peanut Butter and Chocolate Trifle consists of the following layers:

Layer One: Chocolate cake baked with peanut butter chips (and a tablespoon of JIF PB2 – a powder that adds the taste of peanut butter without the calories).

Layer Two: White Chocolate Pudding (again with some PB2 to give it a hint of peanut butter flavor).

Layer Three: Crushed Nutter Butter cookies. I get a lot of use out of my rolling pin. Just throw the cookies in a gallon bag and roll on.

Top, top layer is just a blob of pudding and a Nutter Butter cookie broken in half and arranged for style points. Ha.

Can't wait to dig in tomorrow to see if the peanut butter is in the chocolate or the chocolate is in the peanut butter!

No comments: