Friday, October 27, 2017

Guys and Ghoul-Friends


Pretty much spent the last day of my mini-sabbatical relaxing and having fun with a witch hunt here and ghost busting there.

Since there wasn't school today, my friend Cindy (who works over at Grant Elementary) took me to lunch in Plover to celebrate my upcoming new job. We went to the Cottage Cafe, which is haunted. Not just on Halloween but every day (and night) of the year. I'm not a fan of scary but the daylight made me brave.

While we waited for our first course – Pumpkin Pie Lattes – we toured the upstairs. Gotta say I was freaking freaked. Didn't hear or see anything, but the anticipation caused enough anxiety.

Did we experience any paranormal activity? Sort of. Here we are smiling away with our lattes and...
 
...Then we realized some ghost had tipped Cindy's cup and she was spilling! I am sure as grown women we wouldn't do that on our own. Even if the cup was filled to the brim.

I mean look at this broom! Standing on its own! Freaky stuff there. Tasty lunch, though. And great company, of course.

Did a little bit of work this afternoon and then hubby and I met up with our friend Gregg (one of Jim's high school classmates) for dinner at Jennings before the three of us headed over to the Hotel Mead to hear our friend Kat (another classmate) sing in her Almost Famous Band.

A mini Assumption class of '81 reunion of sorts! She is a sweetheart and can rock your socks off! It was nice to see her, Gregg, and a few other friends in attendance. A good crowd that surprisingly made us feel young. Apparently, Friday nights are considered the "early bird special" of the weekend or something.

We youngsters were all heading home by 10:30 p.m. Wild and crazy times.

Hopefully I'll just dream about rock and roll, not ghosts and ghouls.






No comments: