Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Pack Rats R Us


Less than 16 hours until I hit the road for Wild Women's Weekend #19. Time to start over-packing!

It's not that I care if I wear the same clothes all weekend. It's that we will probably experience 2 or 3 of Wisconsin's seasons over the course of those 4 days.

Today was mild and Thursday should be mild in southwest Wisconsin. But then it's cool and rainy. So I can't just throw in hoodies. I may need rain-resistant ones, too! Lots of pressure.

Thankfully, I'll be driving by myself and meeting the Up North contingent at the place of lodging. So that frees up my car to be filled with extra hoodies and jackets and maybe even a blanket.

I usually have an activity or two planned as well. But my mind is blank. Do I stay up until something creative comes to mind? Or go to bed and hope it visits me in a dream. We often run out of time anyway. Of course, if we are forced inside due to inclement weather, we may need something for entertainment.

I'll see how much room I'll have, then go from there. Sadly, warm clothes take priority.

No comments: