Saturday, March 17, 2018

Shakin' My Shamrocks

We didn't have to wait until St. Patrick's Day to start shakin' our shamrocks. Just needed a classic country concert.

I'm not that into country but I do remember a lot of the stars of the '70s and '80s when I didn't have a choice. Ha. That includes Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers. When our friends asked if we wanted to go to the concert with them in two other couples, we said sure. It was close by – in Rapids – and I do recall the songs Broken Lady (Grammy winner) and All the Gold in California.

Was thinking I wouldn't know anything else but I did recognize several and these brothers put on a very entertaining show. Much more interactive that some previous acts we've seen here. So that was a bonus! Plus they had some interesting stories of friends who inspired them – from Elvis to Patrick Swayze. Yep, you read that right!

We weren't supposed to take pictures so I waited until the concert was over and got Larry and Rudy, but brother Steve was off stage already.

Of course, there's that encore... Gotta tell you, Larry's voice was amazing. Very clear and pleasant vocal range. You wouldn't know they've been performing for 60 years.

Final salute to our sold-out crowd.

You'd think today's entertainment would pale in comparison. But it's St. Patrick's Day so there's gotta be some shenanigans going on...

Is that not a fitting name for me? For the record, I did not have a Shamrock Shake today – though College Boy texted me he was getting one... and I was tempted. Instead I donned some green and enjoyed the morning my girlfriends at book club. Then did some freelance work. Then went for a run (walk/run) and pretended I was having my own Shamrock Shakin' 5K.

It was beautiful out! I mean almost 50. So yes, by Midwestern standards... a McPerfect St. Patty's Day.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, too. So I will probably crack open some windows and actually get some cleaning done. Unless the leprechauns sneak into tonight and do it.

That would definitely be me lucky day!

No comments: