Monday, March 19, 2018

Walkin' Down the Bunny Trail

Here comes Robyn Cottontail... Walkin' down the bunny trail... Hippity hoppity, Easter's on its way...


So fitting that on the last day of winter (thank goodness) I saw signs of spring AND Easter!

Was out for my noon-time walk when I noticed a jelly bean on the sidewalk. Then another one. Then another. I figured somebody had a hole in their pocket or they were setting a trap for the Easter Bunny or they were setting a trap for a middle-aged woman whose been known to scarf down an entire bag of jelly beans in one sitting.

Except for the black ones. Not a fan. At all.

It was just funny that they were stretched for two blocks. Always just one at a time. And yes, I was tempted to reach down and pick one up, brush off the dirt and eat it. I am almost that desperate for sugar!

I have been making healthier choices lately – other than King Cone and that box of Girl Scout cookies – so sugar is appealing. And probably best, spring is tomorrow and Easter is a mere dozen days away. Can I resist jelly beans for that long? Possibly.

What about a trail of peanut butter eggs?

Not a chance. Move over, Easter Bunny. I'd fall into that trap all day long.

Yum.

No comments: