Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Finding Balance in a 10K

I managed to do two, yes two, 10K's today. Hold the applause.

First of all the "K" is thousands, not kilometers. Still, I rejoice any day I get 10K (or 10,000) steps on my FitBit. Now about that other 10K...

So today was called Sentry Success Day at work. Basically like Christmas in March. We celebrate our successes from the prior year and look forward to goals in the current year. Oh, and play games for prizes. Oh, and eat. And eat. And eat.

Since the theme for this year's event revolved around St. Patrick's Day, our department suggested clothing and food be green. Naturally I concocted some Mint Madness.

Layers of mint chocolate cake, green-colored white chocolate pudding (with shavings of Andes Mints mixed in), crushed Thin Mints, and Cool Whip for contrast. Good, good stuff. But guess what? I brought half of it home.

Not kidding. That may give you an idea how many green treats were there today for our potluck. Typically, it would be gone. But today there were green cookies, sugar cookies with green frosting, doughnuts with green sprinkles, green Rice Krispy treats and so on. And that was just the treats, not the real food like Irish stew and mashed potatoes and soda bread and chips and guacamole, etc.

Have you figured out what the other 10K is yet? Here's another clue.

After work, I had a dinner date with my friends Colleen and Nicki, who I used to work with at Renaissance. It's been almost 2 months since the last one so we are overdue. Naturally, I wasn't hungry. But still ordered my Pineapple Express Burger. And ate it.

So yeah, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I consumed 10,000 calories today. Gosh, I hope not. But I'm so full it sure feels like it.

And I'm guessing the 10K's don't cancel each other out. Not exactly balanced on the scales are they?

But let's not talk about scales.

No comments: