Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Spring-Loaded Trap


Another day. Another trap!

Around mid-afternoon it was 29 degrees and "felt like" 19. Still, according to the calendar, it's the first day of spring.

Our local Dairy Queen was trying to (well, they succeeded) to entice customers with a free cone today. While supplies last! A first day of spring trap, to be sure.

You know I'm an ice cream snob and much prefer the hard stuff over soft serve. But it was conveniently on my way to and from my after-work stops. Had a meeting a church and needed a new audio book from the library. Both less than two blocks away from DQ. So yeah, my car did slow down.



But then I saw just enough of a line that I kept on going. Swear to God.

I reminded myself that when I went to Weight Watchers today I registered a small loss. So why sabotage it for lowly soft serve? I can wait 'til the weekend to blow it, as usual.

But for real, I am 2 for 2 on the sugar traps this week. Please don't push my luck. Pretty sure my willpower has gone the way of winter.

Buh-bye.

No comments: