Thursday, March 1, 2018

March Comes in Like a ... Silly Goose

 
Some say March comes in like a lion or a lamb. I saw like a silly goose. Or lots of silly geese.

Apparently the mild temperatures this week are screwing with the Canadians. Canadian geese anyway.

Not sure why they're heading north already, but they've been enjoying time in the sun on the Sentry grounds this week as sort of a Rest Area.

They were crossing in a non-Geese X-ing area when I was out walking.

I tried to be stealthy, but they heard me – or maybe the passing cars – and took flight. Since I don't carry my good camera around with me (why not?), I had to be content with blurry smart phone pictures.

Still, it's just been nice to take nature walks at lunch even when the real "nature preserve" next door is not open just now. Should be fun come spring. Like the real spring.

And come summer, too. Don't ask me why I was already thinking of corn dogs and deep-fried treats at the fair already.

Apparently the mild weather is messing with MY head, too. Doesn't take much, I know.

Happy March!

No comments: