Saturday, March 31, 2018

Won't Get Fooled Again


You know how you can pull off a surprise birthday party when it's way ahead of the date instead of ON the date? Well, Mother Nature did the same thing. Nice April Fools joke today.

Well, no, not nice.

I realize it could have been worse in central Wisconsin – since my Up North family reported 10-12 inches – but still, it was just bad enough that poor little kids froze their fingers during community Easter Egg Hunts today and the Assumption softball team had to cancel their brat fry fundraiser.

That was a bummer for them but really, more importantly, is what did this do to the field conditions for this coming week when softball AND baseball are supposed to kick off their season.

Since I couldn't have a brat for lunch, I opted for movie theater popcorn. A very tasty second choice!

I met some friends for the movie I Can Only Imagine, based on one of my all-time favorite Christian songs by the same name. Like it's been around almost 20 years so I've enjoyed it and cried to it plenty over the years. Today I cried even more. Was thankful I listened the warning to bring Kleenex. I won't spoil the story but it's about the reason why and how the Mercy Me song came into being – largely due to the relationship between the lead singer and his father.

Movie was good. I highly recommend it – especially if the song is dear to you as well!

Popcorn was excellent as always, too. I brought some home but after doing my Easter Bunny duties – and accidentally eating a few peanut butter eggs – I probably should ease off on the buttered popcorn. Then I saw what Robyns look like in spring...

 Oh this poor girl! Not only confused by the snow, but carrying quite the "load."

I was 8 months pregnant at this time of year, too. I certainly resembled this momma-to-be. But if recall correctly, it was a rare warm spring in 1998 and I got to golf just weeks before our blessed May Day baby arrived. March definitely went out like a lamb that year.

Let's hope this snow disappears quickly and temperatures warm up. Not foolin', Mother Nature. I'd like things to be easy for the Easter Bunny.

Plus, I know some coaches and players who would really like the play ball this week!

No comments: