Monday, July 16, 2018

50-year-old KIDS



Probably fitting this 50-year-old kid went to see the 50th Anniversary KIDS from Wisconsin show tonight. It covered all the decades of my long life!

I took my friend Cindy since we went last year and both enjoyed it. Saw plenty of people I knew, but I was only there to see one person...

My girl Megan, who made it on the group for the second consecutive year. Last year she was mostly a backup and learning the ropes at age 15. Now she is 16 and sassy and claiming front of stage! Plus she was the "hometown girl" of the night.

Lots of fun to watch – despite the lack of air-conditioning in the performing arts center. Felt more sorry for the KIDS since they were dancing like crazy through all the numbers.

I loved that they marked their 50th anniversary by performing songs from each decade – '70s, '80s (yes!), '90s, 2000s – and did showtunes from favorite musicals. Loved, loved, loved the fact they did two songs from The Greatest Showman.

The whole thing was entertaining and impressive. What a great group of KIDS.

And it was nice for us 50-something-year-olds to get out for a night, too.


No comments: