Friday, July 6, 2018

Snap Happy

You pretty much know by now that if I skip blogging it's because I am up way past my bedtime. And usually it's because I'm sorting, choosing, editing, and posting photos. A lot of photos.

Yesterday after work, I went up to Wausau to see some of the state softball action going on. I knew two girls playing on the 12 and under team for Rapids and I told one on the Fourth that I'd try to catch her pitching. To my surprise, I knew five of the girls on that team so I took a lot, a lotta photos. And stayed up pretty late messing with them.

So I took a free pass and won't be offering much in the way of words tonight either. But photos. Oh, have I got some photos. Went kayaking after work with our friends Mike and Cindy.

Paddled around by Carter's Castle in Biron again and near the Biron dam there on the Wisconsin River. Didn't take me long to spot wildlife and I stalked this blue heron everywhere. At least I think it's a blue heron. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. Since you'll see he was my focal point of the evening!









Eating a quick bite. Fish or crayfish, I'm not sure.


 When he/she flew off, I finally could see some BLUE!





 Winner!

Water was pretty calm because most of the dam was closed.

Only two gates were open as opposed to another time we'd gone that way and felt like sturgeon trying to go upriver in rapids!

These rocks are pretty. The one I got hung up on was not. Just long enough for my to squeal and have a drama attack. All good, though.


Little pollen on the water blends in with the green leaf reflection.

Just popped his gross head out to say hi.

Taking a quick rest on my turf.

There's Blue again, hiding in the trees now.


"Dang that photographer! I'm outta here!"

I was actually too close. Wow.

 Sunset approaching.

Got our beautiful selves back to shore and loaded up before getting carried away by mosquitoes. They weren't bad at all on the river, just at the boat landing. A nice sunny day and we would have stayed.

And I would have kept stalking, of course.

No comments: