Monday, July 9, 2018

Two-for-One Nickel Tours

As luck would have it, my sister Rayna and brother-in-law Paul came through Stevens Point during family discount day. Yup, they got the two-for-one nickel tour of my office!

Having lived in the Atlanta area for a dozen years (back in the '90s), they decided to travel from Hudson down to Milwaukee this past weekend to cheer on the Braves at Miller Park. They were happy half the time, anyway. Today they were heading home and swung by Sentry. Not really on their way necessarily, but you can take the long way home when you're retired!

It was fun to show them around because I still am impressed with the place and want to show it off – even if I'm just a teeny tiny part of it. Since it was lunch time, they didn't get to meet too many co-workers but I made sure they met at least two of my former Iola work mates – who have heard about sister weekends and all manner of shenanigans for some 15 years!

After the fabulous tour and taking a picture by the big brass bell in the lobby – sporting our old logo – they hit the road.

Rest of the day was downhill in the excitement department. It's always nice to entertain, albeit briefly, and conduct tours. You should stop by sometime.

I've been there almost 9 months now. I can do it without getting lost!

No comments: