Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Birdie Tuesday, Eagle Wednesday

Other than the broken toe, I can just feel my luck changing. First, a decent round of golf last night – highlighted by my first birdie in probably a decade. Then, tonight, not just one eagle but 3. Oh, did I mention our foursome was kayaking, not golfing?

Still. A pretty amazing night on the Wisconsin River with our friends Mike and Cindy – that started off with the first photo op enroute to the boat landing.

Dude, get some sun!

No seriously, get some sun! Ha. I have never seen an albino deer of any kind. In fact when we drove by, hubby thought it was a goat munching on grass near someone's yard. We had to get a second opinion – and second look. So Mike, our trusty driver, turned around and we went back.

Wow. Thankfully I had my good camera with the Wildlife Zoom on it with me!

And our luck continued on the river. We saw two eagles right away and then, coming back on the other side of the island, there were three of them in what I call Eagles Cove. A dad, a mom, and a kid. We don't know if those two were the same as the first pair we saw. Maybe there were 5 total. Either way, it was awesome!

Enjoy the view...

Thankfully you only need one foot to kayak!

River reflections.





Young eagle.




 Blue log?

Oh dam-sel flies!





I've never seen this. But didn't have time to focus before he flew off!






 Not eagles.
 Storks, maybe?


Thanks for paddling along!




No comments: