Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Red, White and Ooooh

Happy July 4th! No work today for any of us! We didn't "ooooh" and "ahhhh" over fireworks this year so I had to attempt to draw the same reaction with my dessert. Pretty close.

I was thinking red, white, and blue and I came up with one of I am sure many ways to present the nation's colors in a trifle bowl. But since a few saw it and a few more ate it, here's my layers...

The colors for this one are strawberries on the bottom, blueberries in the middle, and raspberries on top.


For the white part I have cubed up angel food cake...

And some crushed Vanilla Wafer cookies for a little bit of sugar.


On top of that, before adding more fruit, is a layer of white chocolate pudding. I also had Cool Whip on the side to throw on top of individual servings.

It was mostly healthy and pretty "light" tasting since I used angel food versus a heavier cake. And any time you can add berries, it's a treat. In our house anyway.

We spent the afternoon and evening at our friends' house on Nepco Lake. Plenty of goodies – and fresh fruit – and friends and fun. We didn't go to the fireworks but we can hear them from our house!

I kept thinking tomorrow is Sunday but it's back to work so we'll get some sleep when it quiets down. They should really just observe July 4th on a Friday going forward.

Tomorrow will be red, white, and snooze.


No comments: