Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Assembly Required


My new ergonomically correct office chair arrived at my doorstep with a thud! Funny, it looked like a chair on the outside of the box, but the inside was all kinds of parts wrapped up in cardboard and styrofoam packing – with "simple assembly" instructions.

I laid out all the pieces on the living room floor and shook my head. OK, I will get to this later. My brain hurt thinking of packets A, B, C, and D of bolts and an allen wrench!

If I was really at work, I could just dial up Facilities and they'd take care of it for me. I thought of asking hubby to assemble it, but wondered how much he'd charge me for labor.

Shame on my for underestimating him! Not only did he assemble it without being asked, he didn't charge me a dime! Yet. Best hubby ever.

And it feels so good to sit in it! Not like super comfy like our recliners. But good support and a nice height so I am situated at proper levels for work. Between that and the full-size keyboard I snagged for $10.88 last week, I'm finally feeling at home in my office.

About time.

For those keeping score at home, today was Day 30 of my "out of office" quarantine. And I suspect it could go to Post Washington-Day 60 before I'm back to my commute to Stevens Point. Thank goodness for technology like Zoom and Skype so I can see and hear my co-workers every day. I miss them!

In fact yesterday, I shared a little poem with the department:

Roses are red.
My roots are showing gray.
Still, I can't to see you all
in person again some day!

You know it's been a long time if I'm getting sappy already. By the time I get back, I'll be baking them monster cookies and Hornets' Nest Cake and assembling trifles just to show my appreciation. For now, I'm only assembling words.

Jim does chairs AND words. I'll stick to "simple assembly" blogs and poems.

No comments: