Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Feeling Puzzled?


If you're feeling puzzled about all the conflicting news about COVID-19, I found a solution. Put a puzzle together!

After doing the kitty one last week, I decided I'd do another one. It just happens that there are 3 more in the game closet – all with lighthouse themes,  of course. I figured I could do this one in a few nights since it was only 500 pieces. Instead, I sat down about 4:30 and worked on it until I was done.

Did not think about work once. Did not think about the virus once. Did not even think about supper. Now you know I was deep in concentration!

How freeing!

Obviously, I'm not the first one to turn to jigsaws in this time of lockdown. Puzzle shelves are basically empty at Wal-Mart and many brands are out of stock on Amazon, too. Unless you really want to pay $40 for a puzzle you might get delivered in mid-May. Crazy times. Normally, I'd hit up Goodwill, knowing I've donated a few puzzles there myself. But, of course, that's closed, too.

So I'll do the next biggest one – a 504 piece, legitimately, not missing pieces stolen by my hubby. The other one is a thousand pieces. That might take me up to our "release date," ha. Assuming we're probably sitting ducks until May sometime.

Of course, at some point, spring will arrive and stay. None of this temps in the 20s with wind. I'll eventually be able to clear my mind outside. Eventually. For now, piecing together peaceful pictures works for me.

Hope you're finding some fun distractions, too!

No comments: