Friday, April 24, 2020

Getting into the Swing of Normalcy?


Today was the initial deadline for the end of "safer at home" restrictions in Wisconsin. That's wisely been extended to May 26, with a few important exceptions. One is golf. Can I get an "Amen!"?

Since the new ruling and the weather cooperated, many courses across the state opened for business today. Limited business, but still open. No carts allowed since you can't share it with anyone and they don't want your hands all over it. Same with bunker rakes (non-existent) and removing flags from the holes before your putts (do NOT touch!).

I have to admit, my thoughts on getting out on the course have changed over the quaran-time.

April 1: "I can't wait until we can go golfing, Jim!"

April 24 (Day 46 of quarantine TOGETHER): "Go ahead with your buddies, honey. I'm sure I can handle 5 hours to MYSELF!"

And I did. Today. Hubby went golfing with a friend at Bulls Eye Country Club and he's going with our friends over in the Green Bay area on Sunday. I'm not up to having my first outing be walking 18 holes while trying not to get tired of swinging and of my awful performance. Don't need to make a fool of myself that way. So I'll pass this time.

I am, however, going with a friend tomorrow. It'll be 60 degrees. We have to! We're just walking 9 holes at a local course and I'm counting on her not to laugh at me while I shake the dust and rust loose! It's been a long 7-month offseason!

Still, quarantine or no quarantine, it'll be nice to get out and play in April yet. There's been years we've had snow hit the last weekend of the month. So while the universe isn't necessarily playing nice these days, at least Mother Nature is cooperating.

Thanks in advance!

No comments: