Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April Fooling Around


The general consensus around the universe is that the month of March sucked. And April Fools' Day should be canceled. As noted above, no prank or joke could possible match up to the bizarro reality we're living in right now.

Still, I felt it my duty to bring some fun to the occasion...

The thing about working from home is that you can roll out of bed, walk across the hall, and you're at work. I do shower every day. I sometimes wear the same clothes. But I have at least forced myself to wear jeans instead of sweatpants. I need to know that I can zip those jeans every day and not lose the battle to the Quarantine 15. Granted, they're my "fat pants," but still.

The other advantage of WFH is that I haven't worn makeup or curled my hair and no one (except that guy in the office next door) is any wiser. Until today.

Some of the managers have seen all the fun people are having with video conferencing instead of just phone conferencing. So we were warned last night, we were switching on the cameras today. And baseball caps were allowed. Yay.

Of course, I got to thinking last night in bed that I should wear a funny hat or something for April Fools' Day. Then I remembered a few items I ran across while cleaning in the basement this weekend... And a fool was born...


Yup. Working from home is all fun and games until you have a video meeting on April Fools' Day. Then it's really fun. And the boss may question what I do when left unsupervised, but it did bring a few laughs.

And we so desperately need those these days. Don't we?

Hope you found some time today to escape the stress of everyday life and be a little foolish! I mean c'mon, we've got to make April a better month than March. We're all in this clown car together!

No comments: