Saturday, April 25, 2020

Spoiled with a Good Walk

They say golf is a good walk spoiled, but I'd say today we were spoiled to finally get to golf – even if we had to walk!

First time out for the 2020 season and I realized some habits didn't die over the winter.


This is the first time my friend and neighbor Marigene and I golfed together. After I hit an undesirable drive on the second hole, she said, "You know, you can swear and it's OK with me." And I'm like, "Yeah, you can't stop me." Like I said, she obviously hasn't golfed with me before.

Swing. Swear. Look for ball (how hard can it be to find a pink ball?!). Repeat.

And seriously, I played like crap as per usual my first round of the season. But I honestly didn't swear (much) because it was just so stinkin' great to be out and do something that felt NORMAL!

And we only had one rule: There are no rules!!


Here's a pretty putt setup. As in pretty long. I didn't sink it on the first try, that's for sure!


Social distancing as required! We actually did pretty good at staying at least 6 feet apart. But our balls became BFFs halfway through the round and just followed each other shot after shot!


This is what I mentioned yesterday about not being able to pull flagsticks out. (Don't touch them!) And our balls couldn't go all the way into the cup. That way we're not all reaching in and leaving grimy germs everywhere when we take them out.


Despite a crappy score card, I did earn one par dance on a Par 3. I'll take it. Oh yeah! You know it!

I told you I didn't lose all my habits!


It was a very cheap round of golf. And even though they didn't have beverage service, we found plenty of piles of fresh coffee beans on the course! Can't wait to get caffeinated tomorrow!

After our very, very enjoyable round, we rewarded ourselves with a trip to DQ. Of course we deserved it! You have to reward good, healthy fun with a friend!

And quarantine or no quarantine, we definitely plan to repeat it soon! Even the swearing part, sorry.

No comments: