Friday, April 10, 2020

Good (bye) Friday

I took today off so I could get out of the house. And make a special delivery. And attend Good Friday services (online, of course).

It just happens that my oldest sister and her husband are about to move from Hudson to the Phoenix area in the next few weeks. It just happens that during my recent decluttering stint, I found a plethora of bubble wrap they could use for packing.

So today we met at a somewhat halfway point in Osseo to make a trade. I'd give them the bubble wrap and some Easter cookies – and they'd give me hugs goodbye.


I know. We are guilty of bending the rules. Don't worry. We played it 100% safe and did not let our guard (or masks) down. I felt like we were meeting up for a Wild West duel of some kind! But we both walked away alive.

I had tears in my eyes, but I'm happy Rayna and Paul are moving (again) to someplace warm (again) where they don't have to deal with Mother Nature's mood swings! Believe me, come Monday when I have a snow shovel in hand, I'll be reminded (again) why she's the oldest and wisest sister!

Side note: It was so nice to get out and take a road trip! Even by myself. Just to not be in the house or in my office. I'll never take freedom for granted again.

No comments: