Thursday, April 2, 2020

Spring Th-ahhhh


The timing of this coronavirus business is somewhat ideal for us new work-from-home types. Rainy, dreary days keep me at my desk. But when today is sunny and the warmest day of the year so far, it took some self-control to stay on task. I can't imagine what it would be like in summer when the kayaks and golf clubs and Mr. Deck Chair are mere feet away!

I stayed inside until the end of the work day because I knew I wouldn't want to come back in. After 4 p.m., the temp registered 61 degrees with the infamous RealFeel at only 55 degrees, thanks to the wind.


Still, it meant this is what is left for snow in our entire front and back yard! (Though I'm not discounting a major April snow dump at some point.)


And it also meant Mr. Deck Chair could come out of hibernation! Yes, it was a bit chilly when the wind blew, but I was bundled up in my Twins sweatshirt (for what should have been our home opener day). It just felt good to breathe fresh air and feel the sun on my face.

Vitamin D is good for the immune system, don't ya know.


I sat out there half an hour. Meditating some. Reading some. Still physically distanced from humans but feeling very much a part of the big wide world.

Please don't burst my bubble and remind me there were blizzards in the Dakotas this morning and they're headed east. That wasn't here today. This was here today. This was my today.

And I needed that.

No comments: