Sunday, January 30, 2022

A Basket Case


My Sunday day of rest was a day of doing good. I'm excited that our co-op hockey team is holding a Stick it to Cancer fundraising night for our friends and their son. 

Cale played on the Pacelli-Assumption-Amherst-Etc Co-op team when he was in high school at Assumption. The fall of his freshman year of college at Madison is when he found out he had cancer. It's been an unbelievable roller coaster – physically, emotionally, spiritually – for him and his family. But the good news is that for today, he's cancer-free. 

We all know we can only count on today and hope God prepares us for tomorrow!

So as part of the fundraiser night, there'll be raffle baskets. Figured I could put some of my creative talents to work and come up with a basket or two. When I crocheted a blanket and threw in some wine and chocolate, I figured the basket needed something more. That's where hubby stepped in and suggested maybe I could make something on my Cricut. 

And that's what I did...

Got some $1.48 stemless wine glasses at Wal-Mart and made two of these to complete basket number one.


Totally adds the finishing touch, right?

Then I think I'll do a coffee-related one so I got some mugs at the Dollar Store. They were out of black ones, so I took what they had. I think they'll work.


Of course, coffee drinkers like me probably need a bigger mug! The good thing is that now that I saved my design, I can use if for other things – including large coffee mugs. And as Jim pointed out, I can replace the word HOCKEY with whatever else a person is obsessing over! I could take orders, but be aware of supply chain issues! Ha.

I also managed to re-create our team's hockey logo and put that on a skinny tumbler (since I bought those in bulk before Christmas).


Very happy with how that turned out. I'll have to see if I shove that in with the coffee treats basket or start a third. If anyone wants to donate items for a basket or create your own basket for the raffle, let me know. They need them by the end of this week and I'm hopefully delivering mine Wednesday or Thursday. 

Or mark your calendar and join us Feb. 8. Or just offer up continued prayers for Cale and his family. These are incredibly special people in our lives, so every positive thought, word, or action means the world!

Count your blessings!


No comments: