Monday, January 24, 2022

Extreme Sports Therapy

 

When I show up at my massage therapist's and tell her she'll have her work cut out for her, I have to explain that my extreme sports injuries are Extreme Sports by Robyn standards. 

In other words, taking 2,000 photos while standing on Friday night, then 5+ hours of sorting and editing said photos on the computer on Saturday, followed by 6 hours of extreme crocheting on Sunday.

And culminated with sore neck and shoulders and forearms on Monday.

Ouch.

So yes, it's a good thing that we had a deep-tissue torture session on the books for today. (And a back-crackin' spinal adjustment with my chiro on Wednesday.) And that my massage therapist has non-judgmentally dealt with all my random sports injuries over the years – including the Hallmark movie marathon in the recliner that did a number on my glutes!

Was it worth it? Of course. It's just embarrassing that I can't handle these extreme sports at my age! Even had to take the night off from shooting pictures. Jim and I went to the girls hoops game (a close one losing to Neillsville) and I just sat there and watched. And it was kind of fun.

Now when I'm typing this, my shoulders are burning so I better stretch out a bit before hopping into bed for some extreme reading!

Be careful out there!

No comments: