Thursday, January 27, 2022

A Trifle Busy

I feel bad that my trifle bowls (yes, I have 2) have been sequestered away in a cupboard during the pandemic as they'd done something wrong. Nope, just the world hasn't created enough opportunities to make one. Because making one requires a bit of a group gathering so we won't scarf it down ourselves.

Because, we probably would. Because, yes, they always are that good!

Today I was a trifle busy during my lunch hour whipping this together for such a gathering. Baked the cake last night and added the other layers in today. Basically, bottom layer is mint-chocolate cake with Andes mint baking chips, a layer of cheesecake pudding (colored green), topped with crushed Thin Mint cookies, then Cool Whip, and start the layers again with cake.

Yup, as good as it sounds.


Definitely had to treat it like precious cargo since it had to ride all the way to Wausau. It arrived intact and was well-received. Actually it was the perfect trade – I provided the long-awaited trifle to the game night crew and they provided the much-needed laughs I've missed this year. 

It really was a blessing to just set aside life and worries and big concerns to just eat and visit and laugh and laugh. It is the perfect medicine for the blues, that's for sure.

Even came home with just about a serving or two in the bowl. In case I want to share with the mister tomorrow. He'll have to act quickly though. I mean, who doesn't love some tasty trifle for breakfast?

SWEET dreams!

No comments: