Sunday, January 9, 2022

Indoor Recreation

 

Days like this are perfect for enjoying winter. From inside, that is.

I did venture out to go to church and the grocery store. And that bright sun sure is misleading. Of course, it would help if I wore a coat or gloves or both. But you know me. If my exposure is less than a minute, I'll be fine with my long sleeves.

For our indoor fun, we watched football – could only catch the scores on the ticker for the Vikings game so we were glad we ended our season with a W. Even though it is the end of the season for us. We'll see how quickly we get a new coach. 

We ventured outside briefly when we went over to Jim's sister's house to deliver her birthday gift.

Oh yes, definitely something warm! Perfect for lazing on the couch to watch her favorite athlete Tom Brady or read a good book. If you see Sherry tomorrow, wish her a happy birthday! (Unrelated... Anyone else need a blankie? My hands don't know what to do with themselves now that Christmas is over!!)

For other indoor fun today, we watched golf – glad that stayed close and interesting – and played a hardcore game of Scrabble. Jim claims he's rarely played that in his life, but he kicked our butts. Mamie came close to catching him but Carter and I were left out in the cold. Well, just the super losers' column!

Capped off the night with some hot chili and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. Yum if I may so myself.

It was definitely a good winter's day. From the inside looking out.

Gonna get colder. Be careful out there! 

No comments: