Wednesday, January 12, 2022

The Bright Side


Only in the Midwest do we look at the current temperature and proclaim, "It's 36 degrees! I gotta get outside and take a walk!" Then come inside and say, "It's so nice out!"

And it was. I needed the sunshine and fresh air to lift my spirits a bit. It certainly helped.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and kind words of support for my sister and my family. I think we're all emotionally exhausted from yesterday's ups and downs. Crying at the drop of a hat or the ping of a text was not unheard of today either. 

We'll get through this by holding each other up and letting our favorite memories of Paul do some heavy lifting, too.

Unfortunately, we still need our Hedberg Hotline to Heaven to remain active. We have the other loved one  in a serious condition who still needs our unrelenting prayers. I feel like we're already 3 months into 2022 instead of just 12 days. I know it's worse for my family members closest to the situation. And I'm virtually sending all the love and hugs to them! 

All I can say is hug your loved ones – whether human or furry – while you have them here. I'll pretty much be divvying out hugs and "I love you's "at a record pace this year. 

I mean if you're vaccinated, that is. 

Yup. There's still a global sh*t show going on outside of my little world. Be careful out there. And try to see the bright side – or feel it – when you can! 


No comments: