Saturday, January 15, 2022

We Get Out Once in Awhile


Didn't blog last night just to prove we do get out once in awhile – and don't get home early. Well, I did get home early, just didn't get to bed early.

Went to the boys basketball game. Both JV and Varsity lost to Stratford, but I still took pictures. And was sorting through them late enough that I had no creative thoughts left in my head to blog. So I went to bed and neither one of us had to set an alarm for anything.

So I was close to do my favorite winter sport today – hibernating – but I ventured out for a drive. This weekend down in Sauk City they're having Eagle Watching Festival or something. So I thought if I found some open water on the Wisconsin River around here, I wouldn't have to drive 2 hours.

Instead I did 2 hours of driving (practically) going up and down both sides of the river south of the Nekoosa dam. No luck. Not a single eagle. In fact, I saw two crows and that was it. Nothing made me want to stop and take a picture. Now that's just plain sad.

So came back home and started sorting through some pictures from 2017 for my next scrapbooking weekend. Camp Crop-A-Lot 2022 is only 40 days away, people. It's a like a whole Lent between now and then. I should give something up.

But eating sweets certainly goes well with hibernating.


To illustrate... Carter got me this shake at Arby's today. Sweet dreams! Wake me when it's spring.

No comments: