Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Mind Over Meow-Ter

We get this look when our princess does not understand the human agitation over sub-zero temperatures. What's the deal? Find a sunny spot, lay down, and soak up the heat coming through the glass.

We wish. Obviously, she's been an indoor cat forever. So she's never experienced the pain of ice forming on her whiskers and whatnot. But also hasn't had the pleasure of walking into a warm house from the frigid air. Ahhhh.

And you know predictable me had to record the temperature on the coldest day of the year... so far.

I wouldn't mind if that was it for the year. But even though it feels like 2022 is 3 years long already, it is still January and there is plenty of time left to chill. We can do this. Just put mind over matter, like kitty does, and take a nap in that sunny spot.

Or the heated bathroom floor if you have one.

I guess I'm guilty of the human version of this. I don't lay on the bathroom floor, but can't go without my heated mattress pad (almost 365 days a year) or my heated car seats. In fact, I had the nerve today to complain that my steering wheel isn't heated. First world problems.

No wonder Sylvester rolls her eyes when we whine about the cold. We've got it pretty good. 

Remind yourself of that the next time you take a breath of fresh air. I'll cheer you on... from the warm side of the glass.

No comments: