Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Idol" Hands

My friend Becky and I don't know what to do now that we don't have 4 hours of American Idol occupying our time each week. After her niece was sent home last week, we sort of had an unspoken agreement that we'd swear off the show -- at least until it got closer to the end.

So I stopped by her house last night just to say "hi" and to pick up some scrapbooking supplies (she's also my Creative Memories consultant -- or in our crop cult world, my "supplier").

With my refilled tape runner in hand, I returned home and had Carter read aloud to me again while I scrapbooked a couple pages. I'm thinking this could be habit-forming. And heck, if we kept up this arrangement, imagine all the pages I would get done and how many pages Carter would get read. It's a win-win situation!

Actually, the main reason I am on this scrap kick now is that I am going to my scrapbooking getaway (Camp Crop-A-Lot!) next weekend so I am trying to make some progress beforehand. I will end up spending this weekend and my evenings next week getting everything set. I found the more I plan ahead, the more productive my weekend is. I guess that makes it sound like a lot of work, but really, it's a lot of fun once I get there. (Like most cult activities are, right?)

Tonight, since it's a Grey's night (and I do have my priorities) I am guessing I'll have to forgo the reading/scrapping hour -- unless Carter is ready to launch right after supper. Maybe we'll make it a cereal night and it will be over quickly!

Oops. I guess my crop-turnal instincts are overtaking my maternal ones...

No comments: