Friday, February 6, 2009

What a Pain

I had an emergency trip to the dentist this week. A certain tooth was becoming a nuisance and a painful one at that. Now I know I have a low threshold for pain to begin with, but when it comes to my teeth, I stick it out longer because I never know what the dear dentist is gonna have to do about it.

He didn't have time to do anything about it Wednesday, but he prescribed an antibiotic and some pain meds to get me through until Monday when he's got an extraction on his agenda. Yikes. Nothing like having 5 days to work myself into a frenzy.

I'm glad he prescribed the pain pills or I'd be pretty tough to tolerate right now. (More so than usual!) I had to take one last night and stay home. Today I split one in half at work since I knew I'd need to be coherent -- and that computer mouse might constitute "heavy equipment."

Tonight I'm laying low. Jim went to a basketball game and Carter has a friend over for the night -- but they're pestering the girls next door right now so I've got some peace and quiet. I should probably just quit typing before the meds kick in. Who knows what I might say then? If it sounds good, I might be back...

No comments: