Saturday, February 21, 2009

On My List: Tooth Fairy, Mother Nature

I'm a little miffed at the Tooth Fairy, who apparently is playing favorites. Last week I suffered through a painful extraction and didn't get diddly. Carter lost a tooth last night (granted, it was a two-parter) and he woke this morning to find a presidential dollar under his pillow. Hmmm.

I figured it was probably going to be one of those days where things weren't going to make sense.

Since we got at least 4 inches of snow overnight (grrr), I had to get on the treadmill this morning since I couldn't walk on the roads that were just clear last weekend. A little later I followed the plow into town so I could sign Carter up for soccer. That seemed a little strange. Hope the snow is gone by the first game in April!

Carter and I then went grocery shopping so I could whip together some chili in the crockpot for supper. Now that made more sense than thinking of shin guards and grass stains.

When we got home, it was apparent we'd have to do some snow removal at some point today. Jim was at work so I was weighing whether I should wait until he got home for some help -- or get motivated, do it and surprise him. The other option, which I did consider thoroughly, was going downstairs to scrapbook awhile and then hope the snow melted by the time I was done. Since we don't have a bathroom in the basement, I was pretty sure I wouldn't last until April, so I opted to just blow the darn snow. At least Carter shoveled off the front deck and steps so I did have some help.

After that I did descend to the Scrap Cave for the day, coming up for air only to make my picks on ESPN.com and to get supper together. I now have my cropping packets together -- well the pictures anyway -- and next I'll have to find just the right papers and alphabets and stickers, etc. to go with each page layout. I'm gonna have to start tackling that tomorrow. I'm so tired right now I'm pretty sure my creative thoughts have already gone to bed. So has Carter and I'm not far behind.

No comments: