Monday, February 16, 2009

On Holiday

A few years ago, our company decided to be generous and throw in Presidents' Day as a paid holiday. It falls so close after Christmas and New Year's that I am not dying to have an extra day off. But I'll take it.

As it turned out, Carter didn't have school today either. We probably could have gone out of town or done something special, but we've got one of those weekends coming up in about a month when we head to Milwaukee and welcome our beloved Boston Celtics to town.

Jim did have to go to work for awhile today to get on top of a looming deadline. Carter and I stuck close to home after all the running around we did yesterday. Nothing exciting, that's for sure. Watched some movies, did some scrapping (yay!), organized some bills, got on the treadmill (I wouldn't lie) and got some reading done (both of us).

It's going to be tough responding to that alarm in the morning after being a slug all day. But since our next holiday (as far as work is concerned) isn't until Memorial Day, I am not ashamed. Apparently I earned it.

No comments: