Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Yup, It's Still Winter

We knew our spring-like weather and melting trends were too good to last. I mean, it's only mid-February, right? Still, I didn't like seeing the words Winter Storm Watch yesterday. Thankfully, it didn't amount to much.

Some sort of freezing drizzle crap was supposed to start during the evening, so I opted to stay home with Carter and do homework while Jim went to a basketball game. I was sort of crabby anyway. I think that happens when you are on a diet and you see a pile of frosted Valentine cookies on the kitchen counter calling to you, "Pick me! Pick me!" Grrr. I'm tired of being good!

Carter got his math done pretty quickly and then he read aloud to me while I scrapbooked a bit. (Am I the queen of multi-tasking or what?)

When we got up this morning, it looked like we got about 3-4 inches of heavy snow. It was one of those slushy rides into work where I was gripping the door handle quite a bit but, of course, having complete faith in my trusty driver!

I'm in for a busy day today. That will help keep my mind focused on my project and not on the additional snow on the way or those heart-shaped delights 45 miles away. Somewhere I will find that balance between good and cranky!

No comments: