Sunday, February 8, 2009

Irish Spring

Here's a question for you: When we have that unexpected warm spell in the late fall, we call it Indian Summer. So what do we call this spring-like weather in the late winter? Irish Spring since it's close to St. Patrick's Day or is it just a Heart Warmer since Valentine's Day is coming up?

I guess I don't care. I just don't want it to end!

Today was in the high 30s and sunny again. I got the CR-V washed after Sunday School (we did the car yesterday). There was such salt build-up, it was disgusting. No wonder Midwest cars eventually end up in Rust Bucket Heaven. I'm sure with all the puddles now, it won't take long before it's a mess again, but we made a dent in it anyway.

The puddles also mean the ice is clearing off the roads so I decided to go for a run today. Nope, that's not a typo. I do like to run. I just took several months off to fatten up for Lent or something. It felt good to be out in the fresh air for a second day. Why can't we have one more day of "weekend"?

My mission today was more about relieving stress than bonding with Mother Nature or burning calories. There's some controversy brewing at church of all places. I am not going to go into details, but the stress has been building for a long time now. Today some of it leaked out in the form of tears so I decided I needed to just run it off. Either that or dig my way through a tub of ice cream. The run was definitely the guilt-free option! And yes, between that and the listening ear of a girlfriend, I feel much better.

I had some intentions of getting some scrapbooking done later but that didn't happen. I ended up reading Carter's current book so I could quiz him on it and he'd be prepared for his test tomorrow. I told him since I had to sacrifice my scrapping time, he better get 100%! We'll see.

Right now, we're flipping channels and trying to decide if we are still young enough to "get" the Grammys or if we should just catch a basketball game. I have this feeling I know where the remote is going to stop. I mean, heck, if it's Irish Spring right now, March Madness must be just around the corner!

1 comment:

Rayna Delaney said...

Controversy is not fun... whether it's in church or community... it hurts. Yes, it brings tears and sometimes it makes you want to not go bac or stay.