Friday, February 13, 2009

Lucky 13


On the way to work this morning, hubby pointed out the window and said, "Look, I ordered a beautiful sunrise for you! Happy Valentine's Day!" I whipped out my new camera phone and snapped a shot to save for posterity. I mean that's a pretty nice gift, don't ya think?

I figure if the day starts out like that, it's a sign it's going to be a good day -- not filled with a bunch of whacko events just because the 13th day of the month falls on a Friday. Seriously, I am not superstitious. I've got too many dysfunctional thought patterns running through my pea brain as it is. I certainly don't need to start worrying about ladders and black cats and throwing salt over the correct shoulder. My mind would be more of a mess!

In our morning phone call, Carter said something "bad" already happened to him. From what I gather, when he got his clothes washed last night, he did not tie the strings on his sweatshirt together so one of the strings got stuck up in his hood and it took a "long time" to get it back out. Whew! I told him if that's the worst thing that happens today (considering he has 2 tests, a presentation and a Valentines party, too), then he should consider himself lucky.

And who says we can't consider it a lucky 13? I mean a beautiful sunrise has to mean something, right? Good luck today!

No comments: