Monday, August 9, 2010

Back on Schedule

I was awakened by an annoying sound this morning... and had to make fast friends with Mr. Snooze. Oh how I did not miss my alarm clock on vacation!

Since we stayed up late (in my opinion) to watch Mad Men, I was a little slow out of the gate this morning, but about an hour into work, it felt good to be back. Not as good as laying on a beach sipping a smoothie, but OK good.

I tell you, if we won the lottery, I would not get a chance to be bored. Here we had a whole week off and I didn't even get anything done around the house. I could use a hefty jackpot to help me get things started -- like cleaning out my closet, organizing some family tree stuff, scrapbooking...

I'm not envisioning it's going to happen (winning or getting those things done), but I can dream.

Carter was back at Kidz Camp today, too. He is going Monday, Wednesday, Friday this week, then all next week, then that's it. Do you realize in just a little over 2 weeks, school starts? I knew it was a bad sign to see Sunday Night Football last night on TV already. Now, knowing school is less than 20 days away, we might as well admit summer is over.

Except for the part where it's 90-some degrees and humid.

With mosquitoes.

On the way home from work we made sure to stop at King Cone for ice cream. With Labor Day right around the corner, our days there are numbered, too! You'd hate to miss out on one more Blueberry Waffle Cone treat!

I better get off the computer and see what else I need to get done before the leaves change!

No comments: