Sunday, August 29, 2010

To Air is Human

We spent so much in time indoors Saturday, we hardly noticed another heat wave was developing.

Had a fun time at Koz's Mini Bowl. I guess they call what we were doing "duckpin bowling." I call it "the only kind of bowling where I can get a 200+ score!" Good stuff!

There were 5 of us couples who ventured down to Milwaukee from Rapids for the party. One couple went to the Brewers game later but the rest of us went to a place called Dave & Buster's. Basically a Chuck E. Cheese for adults. Played Skee Ball, Whack-A-Mole, basketball (hubby rocks at that!) and trivia. Between 4 of us, we won just enough tickets to send the birthday girl home with a brand new ... deck of Packers playing cards. That's one expensive deck of cards! Oh well, it was fun earning it!

This morning we noticed it was 80+ degrees already when we hit the road after breakfast. Wow! By the time we got home and then picked up Carter at Grandpa and Grandma's, there was no question we were turning on the air conditioning!

It was one of those afternoons where it felt good to be home, wanted to relax but I knew I should do something -- plus I wanted a little sunshine. So I took a bike ride (that way I had a breeze). That gave the house just enough time to cool off, too. Nice.

Carter and I went grocery shopping later and got a few things he discovered he needed for school. Now we should be done (I've said that before, haven't I?). He will start another new school adventure this week. Soccer starts Monday with his first practice.

Weather man says it's going to be 88 and humid tomorrow. Between us at work with our inconsistent air and Carter at the warm school, then practice, I guess Sylvester will once again be the spoiled one, napping in the cool A.C.

Not sure how that happens but I can't complain. We've certainly been blessed lately in more ways than I can say.

No comments: