Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Perfect Angells

It's always a good day when you can spend 3 hours with a friend you haven't seen in 20 years!

Thanks to the age of online social networking, I reconnected with my college friend Liz about 2 years ago. When I was a resident assistant (RA) at Angell Hall at UW-La Crosse the year of 1988-89, Liz was the assistant hall director there and lived on my "cube" (or wing).

Since she lives out in New Jersey now, I didn't think we'd ever see each other for a visit unless I got to Milwaukee where her mother lives. But small worlds being small worlds... Her sister lives in Wisconsin Rapids! Only about 5 minutes or so from me!

So Liz is in Wisconsin on vacation this week and visiting her sister and brother-in-law in da Rapids for a few days. Tonight our schedules were free so she popped on over and we caught up on 20 years of fun (and life). It was awesome!

Carter entertained her adorable 6-year-old son Brian with the Wii and Hot Wheels so we were free to chat. It's funny how young we all were when we lived together in college. You just don't know how people are going to turn out -- what they're going to be like in their 40s. I'd say Liz and I are batting a thousand in the "we turned out darn good" category.

I'm just sayin'. We're both still down to earth and funny and kind and good looking -- but that goes without saying. (Right.)

We have a few other members of our Angell staff that we have both been in touch with so maybe we will get that reunion tour going one of these days! It's a treat to see an old friend and be reminded that while we both have had our share of challenges, we both have become stronger women because of it. And very blessed.

As perfect Angells (staffers) should be.

No comments: