Sunday, August 22, 2010

New Traditions

This was a special Sunday to start -- and hopefully continue -- traditions.

I hit the road early to meet up with my best bud from high school for a day of shopping and visiting in the Dells. Julie lives on the south side of Madison and has lived there (just 105 minutes away) for years. However, it wasn't until last November we got together and said, "Hey we need to do this more often! Why shouldn't we meet up once every 4 or 6 months?"

Well it turned into 9 months, but we did it. (And found Wisconsin Dells to be a nice halfway point.) So now it has officially vetted itself as a tradition. And we must continue it!

Had nice chit-chat time while shopping the huge outlet mall in the Dells. We didn't buy much because we're more used to buying for our kids than ourselves. Seriously! After browsing a few hours, we had a good lunch at the Moose Jaw (recommend it if you're ever there).

I got home in time to do some quick grocery shopping, edit some stories for work, then "study" for my fantasy football draft. Which brings us to our next tradition...

Hubby and I have been involved in fantasy football leagues for year. (I think just about 20 for me now.) We decided it would be fun to introduce the boys to it. So we set up a 6-team league with Casey, Clay, Carter, nephew Colin, Jim and me. This evening we fed the boys supper and held our inaugural draft. With so few teams, we all should be pretty satisfied with our pick of players and our final rosters. You just never know, though!

I'll just be happy to have weekly interaction with all my boys for the rest of the calendar year anyway. We'll see if my team -- Momma's Boyz -- keeps me just as content!

No comments: